Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rock the Spring trends

Spring/Summer 2013 has some awesome new(well repeated) trends blossoming in the store windows. I personally like a lot of the S/S hits, including lace, A line, the modern edgy floral and the monochrome revamp. The problem is so many of these looks are way too feminine for an edgy girl like me, so I have to add a bit of hardness to them. This is actually done pretty easily. Here are some examples..

Sweet and Soft is really in ie: pastels, floaty fabrics, and feminine cuts. Now, I could never pull this off myself, if you asked my partner if I was graceful and feminine he would probably laugh in your face. The thing is, I want to be able to wear it so here's what I would do...


                   Take a flowy feminine shirts like this CK piece and add a denim jacket, fun jeans and boots




For the Lace Look, harden up the material with a boxy biker jacket and stand out shoes.
Don't be afraid to mix different shades of the same color






Shirt-CK, Jeans-Zara, Boots-Zara, Jacket River Island
Dress-River Island, Jacket-RI, Shoes-Top Shop

What do you guys think of the feminine Spring trends?










No comments:

Post a Comment