Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Oscars 2013


The Oscars 2013. Best and worst dressed...

So I am currently watching the Oscars right now and man is it long! I don't really have time for this, although I can't seem to pull myself away, plus Jennifer and Argo just won an award! I always find the "in memory" part so sad, and cry like a baby over people I don't know (I know pathetic right).

Onto the dresses! Well as we all know white is very in for S/S13 so clearly the actresses stylists thought that they all needed to look like they were getting married (or remarried). Secondly I am so so not into the tiny boob cups and missing fabric from the top half of the chest. What is with that? It looks so bad, like a bad strapless bra that won't stay up!

Here's some of the best...

 I didn't mind the white theme on some, and actually loved Zoe Saldana's Alexis Mabille dress. It was kind of quirky and very detailed.




And Georgina Chapman looked stunning in white, almost ready to pop, in what I am assuming is Marchesa (she is the co-founder). Her dress was beautiful and she was glowing. 




             I also love Sandra Bullocks, lacey and 20's inspired Elie Saab dress. She looks really delicate and classy.



A few others to give some credit too were, Adele in Jenny Packham, Salma Hayek in McQueen. I loved Kelly Osbourne's Tony Ward dress as it did look like a beautiful night sky, but she didn't make it to my list due to the lacklustre hair and the tats, it just didn't work. Jane Fonda looked fab in her yellow Versace, and Hugh Jackman was my fav best man, in his Tom Ford suit, super sexy. Lastly, I had to throw in my absolute favorite actress ever, as she looked so elegant yet modern at the same time.. Meryl Streep I love you and you look fabulous in your metallic gown.



Here's some of the worst.....
Fails.... Anne Hathaway why oh why. A. Your hair style is so wrong B. Your dress is sooo shiny C. Just because its Prada does not mean its fabulous.




Kerry Washington in Miu Miu... Color= wrong, Cut=wrong and Hair=so wrong....



Olivia Munn in Marchesa. I usually love Marchesa but I am pretty sure my mum had curtains like this when I was younger and why is it so low on her chest??? I don't get it, She doesn't even have a big chest!! 



There is my low down peeps, who were your best and worst?!




No comments:

Post a Comment