Sunday, March 3, 2013

All about Red!

Red has always been a color that I have been unsure about wearing. Since I am blonde you would think it would suit me, but a lot has to do with your skin tone. I am a bit of a mix between cool and warm tone, with a medium contrast, so red can often reflect off my skin and make my skin look red tinged or blotchy. Therefore, I try to either pick a very bright (almost neon like red) or just have a pop of red using either shoes or a bag.

How do you guys feel about red?







2 comments:

  1. I feel similar to you - when I was lighter/whiter and cooler in tone (living in Chicago), I used to rock a rich blue-toned red all the time. But now, in Cali, where I always have a bit more "glow" and use a bit more bronzer, I avoid red on top - only wear it on the bottom since I think it makes me look blotchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I mean its supposed to be a color for blondes but it really doesn't work that well. I think unless its got a tint of another color (not blue toned or muted) then it may work but best to stick with shoes or accessories I think... No one wants to look flushed or blotchy!

      Delete